Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Cones for Christmas

A couple of weeks ago I saw these fantastic moss cone planters at Home Depot of all places. I knew I could do something fun with them but wasn't sure what. I bought two and then headed to my favorite nursery for inspiration. They just happened to have some wonderful cyclamen on sale so I chose this one , pink with white edges, lovely! Then I filled around the cyclamen with white dianthus and Santa Barbara daisy. I had considered planting a poinsettia in the cone, but thought I could get a longer lasting display by opting for the cyclamen. The cone hangs outside my breakfast nook windows where I can get a lot of enjoyment from it. As for the other cone, it still sits empty on the potting bench, waiting for me to have another bolt of inspiration, maybe filled with Christmas greenery and berries?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

ijudclaire said...

is turned out so cute!