Thursday, September 17, 2009

We Be Jammin!


It is getting to the end of raspberry season and my pantry is
not close to being full of raspberry jam so...today
we made jam. The morning was lovely out at the
farm in the berry patch and the best part was I
had it all to myself!


Love the color!



The princess wanted her picture taken too! I tried a
few different low sugar recipes today and found
enough 'goldies' out in the field to make a
small batch of golden raspberry jam. we shall see
if their unique flavor comes through
in the jam.
Here is the jam recipe I like most so far:

LOWER SUGAR RASPBERRY JAM

6 cups crushed fresh raspberries
1 box Ball no sugar pectin(1.75 oz.)
3 T. fresh lemon juice
3 cups granulated sugar
Stir berries, lemon juice and pectin together in
large pot. Heat over med-high heat until
it reaches a rolling boil. Add sugar.
Bring back to rolling boil and boil for
three minutes. Ladle into sterilized jars
wipe lip clean, and seal with lid and ring.
Process in a canner filled with boiling
water for five minutes (for 1/2 pint jars).
Remove from canner
and let cool completely before moving.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tracey said...

We went berry picking a few weeks ago and made raspberry jam for the first time...it was actually a lot of fun and turned out great! I like the idea of a lower sugar version - thanks!

:) T

Judy said...

Yummmm... Are you selling your vanilla? Just wanted to let you know that I left you an award on my blog..I really appreciate you sharing your life with us.