Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Last Roses



I just received a very special birthday present from my
dear friend Jana. A rose decorated ironstone dish
that she knew I would adore (and she was right!).

Inspired by a loose bouquet of garden roses at Jana's
mom's art studio, I went out into my garden early the
next morning, hoping for a few blooms to bring into the
house There is something very special about the first
and last roses of the season, don't you think?


I love the combination of roses and ironstone- they were
just made to go together and I also love the fact that I
am reminded of Jana and her sweet friendship
every time I pass by.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

French-Kissed said...

Absolutely beautiful! Your roses are gorgeous and they look wonderful in your birthday ironstone ~ your photography is so captivating, I can almost smell the roses. Thanks for sharing the lovliness and have a great weekend.

~Jermaine~

ijudclaire said...

isn't your birthday next month? I was just out pruning mine up and I think i can get one more bloom before the big prune in january.

Roxanne said...

Thanks for dropping by Carol and leaving a comment. I'm a big fan of your pumpkins!

KarenB said...

We still have a lot of roses. They are definitely perfect in ironstone. I think you have a special friend.