Monday, September 13, 2010

It's Almost Pumpkin Season!


I have been spending a lot of time down on my knees in

the pumpkin patch. It is probably not a coincidence that

it is the same position as praying.


It has been a very strange growing season this
summer. All the crops have been later than usual and
the pumpkins are later as well. We are hoping they will
be ready by the beginning of October.


I have been known to try etching anything growing at
the farm, and this year is no exception. I think the
experiment on this tear-drop shaped squash
is going to be a grand success.
It is scarring beautifully!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Angela said...

Wonderful! I always wanted to try that but never remember or, as was the case this year, my bounty was sorely lacking. I just can't coax them along in clay soil. Must amend. Look forward to the final product.

PammyJ said...

this makes me so happy - it means ROTP is right around the corner!!!

an encourager said...

awww... all of God's little pumpkinettes need this reminder in their gardens!

Debbie said...

Your pumpkins are always so beautiful!!

Carol said...

Thank you everyone for your kind words

Roxanne said...

Absolutely wonderful!!!! What a genius idea! Blessings to you!